Saturday, April 21, 2007

Conflict in the workplace

I really enjoyed reading chapter 8 in the text which was titled, "Options and choice for conflict resolution in the workplace." I am currently working for a company that has dealt with many conflicts in the past year. I work for a new home building company in Northern California, and with the industry the way it is my company has had to do a lot of layoffs within the company. Hearing the different discussions dealing with our goals and losses as a company has made me really think of the different conflicts also involved. I work with my emotions even though I should probably learn not to, and with that I have a hard time watching people being laid off that have families or children. It makes me wonder the types of relationships they have in their life also...I guess this is a little off subject but I just felt like sharing.

2 comments:

Debra Davenport said...

Hi Carrie,

I'm not seeing your film review or your EQ assessment results posted on your blog.

Dr. D.

Anonymous said...

My fiancee works construction and this is normally his busiest time of year. Because the housing industry is so slow, work is slow all around in jobs related to the industry. I also have some friends that are contractors that are currently laid off right now so I sympathize with how you feel. It's times like this that make me greatful for working for the county. It may not pay as much as private industry but the security is worth it. Thanks for sharing.