Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Week 2 Phone Conversation

So for week 2 I had my phone conversation with Bryce. We had spoke a couple times through email this week about our assignment and decided that tonight was a great night to have our conversation. Bryce decided to be the employee who witnesses his direct supervisor, new co-worker, and also friend/co-worker stealing. I was Bryce's HR manager for the company. Bryce was put in a tough spot because he wasn't sure if the right thing was to go to HR, or to confront the employees, or to say or do nothing at all. He was fearful that his supervisor would treat him differently and didn't know if HR would even believe him. He also wasn't very comfortable turning in his friend. In the end, Bryce decided to come to the HR manager (me) and inform me of the situation going on. I made sure that Bryce knew he had made the right decision by coming to me and that I would keep his name confidential unless the situation got out of hand. I explained to him what a positive decision he had made, and that I would investigate the situation more. He was aware at the end that there was nothing for him to worry about and that the situation would be taken care of.
The phone conversation with Bryce went very well. He was very informative, and we got through the assignment with ease. Thanks Bryce!

No comments: